– Living with ADHD –
Wednesday 13th – Sunday 17th July 2022
Wednesday, Thursday: 10am – 5pm
Friday: 10am – 7pm
Saturday: 10am – 5pm
Sunday: 10am – 3pm
Lansdown Gallery, Stroud. GL5 1BB.
Stroud ADHD Peer Support Group invited adults and children with ADHD, either themselves or within their family, to submit artwork that reflects who they are, and how their lives have been affected by ADHD.
Members of our group will be around to chat about ADHD, with information and leaflets also available on relevant support groups and organisations in the county.
There will be art activities and events happening throughout the week for our members, their families and for those who identify as having ADHD, so do keep checking this page for more details!
Artwork submission details
Stroud ADHD Group invite all members of the Stroud ADHD Community, plus all adults and children with ADHD, either themselves or within their family, to submit artwork that reflects who they are, and how their lives have been affected by ADHD.
This exhibition is set up so we can join as a community to celebrate in sharing all parts of ourselves – and so others can hear our voice whilst learning more about what it is like living with ADHD.
It is also to encourage us all to be creative over this coming month, to feel pride in displaying our already finished pieces or dug out half-finished projects from years ago!
The vision for this exhibition is to provide a space for you to share an expression of yourself. We all have a wide range of skill and talent so please don’t feel you need to be Picasso; this is our chance to raise awareness and to tell our story.
Adults please submit:
- Up to three pieces only – of any medium: Painting, poetry, textile, sculpture, collage, story, video, sound, anything that is an expression of you, who you are and your ADHD journey!
- Please provide the text on a label no bigger than A5. To include:
- Artist’s name.
- Title of the artwork (in bold or italic), year created/or started!
- Medium used to create (ex: crayon on paper)
- Brief description (This is where you can include any information about yourself, your ADHD, why and how you created the piece, etc.)
- As the gallery take a commission of any pieces sold during the exhibition, if you would like to offer your piece for sale then we decided it would be best to add the following text at the end of your label:
‘If you are interested in this piece, please contact me on: (insert email address/phone)’
- Submissions need to be delivered to the gallery on Tuesday 12th July between 10am and 2pm. If this is not possible, please contact Sara by email: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an alternative time and place to deliver your exhibit piece. The Gallery is unable to store any artwork before the 12th.
- Your art pieces will need to collected on Monday 18th July from the Gallery – before 5pm.
- Whilst every care will be taken with your art submission, and someone from the group will be at the gallery during opening hours, you will be asked to sign a disclaimer that the ADHD Group exhibition team are not responsible for your work.
Children please submit:
- Artwork can be of any medium providing it is no bigger than A4 size, can fit through a letter box and fixable onto a wall.
- The artwork will be grouped together on one wall at the end of the gallery.
- Unfortunately, we are requesting no sculptures due to lack of space as the children’s work will be displayed in an area where workshops will be taking place.
- Please ask your child to write a title and/or short caption about the piece (including their name and age, if they wish.)
- Deadline for submitting children’s art pieces: 12th July. Although, during the week, there will be materials available and workshops offered that the children can create pieces to be displayed.
- Please send, or put through the letterbox addressed to: Sara Wright, c/o Ownzone, 9 Lansdown, Stroud. GL5 1BB.
We will also need support during the week of the exhibition, so please let us know if you have any time during the day to be a custodian at the Gallery – greeting visitors and sharing information on ADHD (leaflets and such will be made available), and to talk about our wonderful supportive local ADHD and parent carer groups.
We are also hoping to provide our community workshops in the evening and hold a social event during the evening on the Saturday – so do let us know if you are keen to attend, lead a workshop or help organise the social evening.
Any questions, requests, or offers to help during the week, please email Sara on StroudADHD@gmail.com
We’re incredibly excited that this project is coming to fruition and really hope that you, and your family and friends, join us during the week 😊
Thank you, Stroud ADHD Group Exhibition Team.